Quantcast

COLUMN: Passports generate most income for town

— As an independently elected official, I want to remind everyone that I only answer to the residents of the Town of Lysander. With that said, I am committed and dedicated to provide all of you with the best customer service and convenience, as well as keeping spending at a minimum.

I recently applied for two scholarships for training. I was fortunate enough to be awarded $500 for the 2012 New York State Town Clerk’s conference and $400 for the 2012 Municipal Clerk’s Conference at Cornell University. Although not mandatory, these courses afford me the education I need to keep abreast of new laws, ideas and procedures to continue to provide excellent service to all of you.

I’m pleased to announce my office has processed a record number of passport applications so far this year. Of all the services the town clerk’s office provides, the fees for our passport applications and photos generate the most income for the town. I was instrumental in implementing a “one stop shopping” experience combined with no need to schedule an appointment, the convenience of paying with credit cards, extending my office hours on Mondays until 6 p.m., as well as offering the opportunity for anyone to make an appointment if these hours are not convenient.

It is my privilege to serve as your town clerk and I am proud to provide you with fast, friendly service. Please feel free to contact me as I always welcome any new ideas and suggestions that would make it more convenient for you when you visit the town clerk’s office.

Lisa Dell is the town clerk for Lysander.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Romans1219 2 years, 2 months ago

"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves." Romans 13:1-2

jmsml 2 years, 2 months ago

jmsml 2 years, 2 months ago

turgid 2 years, 2 months ago

Due to Lisa Dells connections within the Rethuglican Party, she continues to be a help to the Lysander taxpayers buy subverting the current elected administration at every turn and filing false charges against a Lysander citizen. She should have been arrested along with Barry. As a elected official, she WILL BE ANSWERING to the people in her next election just as Barry did

turgid 2 years, 2 months ago

Just a reminder, Lisa Dell is a member and officer of the LieSlander Rethuglican Committee. This is the committee that has controlled Lysander forever. They have brought you cronyism, nepotism, corruption, harassment, assault, battery and abuse of power. Now they want you to trust them. Ha. I don't think they have the best interests of the average Lysander resident in their plans. Regain power at all cost is the plan.

turgid 2 years, 2 months ago

This women is suffering from DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR.

turgid 2 years, 2 months ago

Subsequent investigation of Ms. Dells "facts", the previous Town Clerk, Gale Grice, tried for years to get a Credit Card payment system set up, she was denied more than once by the "old" Town Board. Now that a pet clerk asks for the same thing, its a good idea.

Buzz 2 years, 2 months ago

jmsml 2 years, 1 month ago

hey turgid, you stole that