Fire leaves eight B'ville families homeless

— A fire broke out at Town Square Apartments in Baldwinsville on Monday, March 26, leaving eight families homeless.

The Baldwinsville Fire Department was first to respond to the 11:02 p.m. dispatch. Emergency vehicles arrived on the scene to find the fire was venting through a portion of the roof of the apartment complex. The BFD utilized their recently acquired tower truck to help extinguish the fire, which took about 40 minutes. Mutual aid was received from surrounding fire companies including Belgium/Cold Springs, Lakeside, Liverpool, Memphis and Phoenix.

While no one was injured, the Red Cross Disaster Action Team provided disaster assistance to the households who lived at the apartments at 116 Oswego St. in the village. Food, clothing and comfort items were among the most immediate needs of the families following the fire.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment