Quantcast

LETTERS: Patrick seeks highway superintendent seat

— I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Chris Patrick and I am seeking your support and vote for Lysander Highway Superintendent. I may have knocked on your door in the past and I will be doing so again seeking your support. My family and I have lived in Lysander for the past 10 years and have been active members in the Baldwinsville School District and the Lysander community. I would like to assist the Town of Lysander in its forward motion as highway superintendent.

After contributing to the growth and success of my past organizations for more than 20 years, I am seeking new challenges. I would relish the opportunity to serve the people of my community as highway superintendent. I bring exceptional leadership, planning and management abilities from my United States Navy and industrial background. Taking command of an operation and guiding it to new performance levels is my greatest strength. My ability to analyze needs and create unique solutions designed to yield an exceptional outcome has proven to be one of my best assets. I know that my proven leadership skills, strong commitment to high ethical and professional standards and flexibility in devising proactive responses to ever changing conditions will allow me to make a significant contribution to the Lysander Highway Department, Lysander Town government and the entire Lysander community.

Our current administration faces many challenges in these financially and politically difficult times. They were swept into office by a mandate from you, the people of Lysander. You demanded honesty and integrity be restored to our local government. Business as usual was no longer acceptable. Instead, a responsive and cooperative government was elected – one that is financially responsible and represents the entire community. I want to support and assist the current administration in achieving their goals and continuing the forward motion for the benefit of you, the people of Lysander.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

oncealib 1 year, 6 months ago

Is this a joke? This guy has no experience what so ever! He has generated lies against people who don't agree with his left thinking agenda. He attacks with name calling and resorts to childish actions at Town Hall meetings. I strongly suggest that any citizen who is eligible to vote look at Mr. Patrick's background and his current occupation. Baldwinsville PD is...

When the choice comes down to voting for Highway Superintendent, Gene Dinsmore, our current Lysander Highway Superintendent, is a man of intelligence, honor and integrity,.. qualities sadly missing from Mr. Patrick. Mr. Dinsmore is a man who is not only a Military Veteran, but someone who knows the job and can make the tough choices to help save the town money and get what needs to be done efficiently and on time.

A vote for Mr. Patrick is a vote for more dysfunction for the Town of Lysander.

lysanderchat 1 year, 6 months ago

Must be a joke. Here is an announcement----Chris Patrick is Turgid on this site and Skip Carrich on facebook. "Strong commitment to high ethical and professional standards", wow, I have watched the Pac tv airings of the Town meetings, I have read the facebook and Messeneger comments. Must be he expects everyone else to live up to the above statement, but he surely has not. Examples, Tee shirts with comments about Lisa, who as far as I know no charges have been filed against. The political sign issue of last years election, the bashing of the republican party. I just wonder how he got the endorsement of the party or did he fix the Lysander Democratic nomination by having it at 2:30pm while working people were unable to attend?

marvan 1 year, 5 months ago

If Mr. Patrick is Turgid then look back at a letter written by Mr. Rode about the Town Board appointing a Highway Super. Tugid says in his comment that he doesn't think someone like him should be elected.

Rodeforprogress 1 year, 6 months ago

oncealib, those are tough words from an "anonymous" source. Why don't you write a real letter to the editor, where you have to sign your real name to it, telling everyone how great Mr. Dinsmore is compared to Mr. Patrick?

Maybe Mr. Patrick got tired of the lack of assistance from our previous Town Board, after years of trying to rectify the issue in his neighborhood. An issue that was around for a few years before he even moved to Lysander.

While I agree with your kind words about Mr. Dinsmore, I feel Chris has the motivation, desire, and dedication to do the job just as well, if not better.

Kevin Rode

jmsml 1 year, 6 months ago

oncealib is one of those good-ole-boy LRC members that have no moral compass. Chris Patrick is an upstanding guy with a low tolerance for lying politicians, oncealib is obviously one of the liars that Chris has hi-lighted in the past. Baldwinsville PD, really, if they had an investigative division they might be better served investigating the past actions of some ex-officers of their own department, and not someone that does not even live in the village. Chris is an honest and honorable man that would do the Lysander Highway Department a ton of good.

marvan 1 year, 6 months ago

Isn't the people running the town now a bunch of lying politicians? I wonder if their silent majority is being represented?

oncealib 1 year, 6 months ago

jmsml, I find your depth of ignorance absolutely astounding, I am not affiliated with any political party as I find both on the Democrat and Republican sides are equally culpable at slinging dirt. I am a registered Independent that is concerned with the town I live in. I make my comments based on Mr. Patrick's actions and the people he decides to associate himself with, which would include... you. His childish rants and actions just prove that he would be an absolute disaster in a job in which he has no background in. I have looked at the backgrounds of both candidates and Mr. Dinsmore towers over Mr. Patrick at every level... especially in the integrity department.

marvan 1 year, 6 months ago

What does Mr. Patrick do for work? What experince does he have in road maintenance and construction if he isn't working now? I see that the Town Board must be backing him over Mr. Dinsmore the guy they appointed. Is there some hidden reason for this that the public should know before election day? I would like to see Mr. Patrick's credentials put out there for the voting piublic to see before voting. I believe the only reason the Town Board is backing him is because he wants the job to be appointed and will go along with their agenda.

CaseyOstrander 1 year, 6 months ago

I would like to ask Mr. Patrick what experience he has in road construction? Mr. Dinsmore claims 40+ years of experience in the field. Highway superintendent is not the place to learn about how to build a road or how to care for a fleet of equipment.

For individuals interested in participating in government there are many outlets. In the same way it would not seem prudent to elect a Sheriff with no experience in police work, it seems to hold true that running a multimillion dollar highway department is not the time for on the job training in road construction and heavy equipment maintenance.

Blog entries