Baldwinsville Kindergarten open registration for the 2013–14 school year will take place at the elementary schools in the Baldwinsville Central School District from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, and from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Families currently on the district student database will receive an informational letter and registration packet in the mail by March 15.
Before open registration in March, the district requests that parents of children who will be eligible for kindergarten participate in the district’s online non-school age census by Feb. 28. This is not online kindergarten registration, but a census to provide the district with the necessary information to establish a mailing list for sending out kindergarten registration packets to parents.
The census is located on the district’s website at bville.org. Click on the link to the Registration Office’s page, on which you will find the link to the online census. You will also find directions for filling out the census on this page. If you do not have access to a computer or the Internet, please call the registration office at 635-4569 to request that the office mail a census form to you.
Registration will take place at the elementary school of the student’s current attendance area for his or her home address. The informational letter will provide details for parents regarding at which school to register their children, as well as the requirements needed to complete the registration process.
In order to be eligible for kindergarten in September, a child must turn 5 years old by Dec. 1. The district is unable to honor requests to make exceptions for students who “just miss” the cutoff date.
To register, a parent or guardian must provide the district with all of the following:
- Completed registration packet
- Proof of residency in the form of a driver’s license with a district address, a school tax bill or a utility bill for your residence
- Child’s original birth certificate as proof of age
- Completed health appraisal with immunization record form signed by a physician or current immunization record and the date of scheduled exam with the physician, to be completed by September 1, 2013
- A dental health exam form, signed by a dentist, should be submitted to the school nurse by the first day of school.